Who loves mason jars?? The better question should be who doesn’t love mason jars? They are so versatile and can be used for so many things. As you know, I like crafting things that the kids can help with and that will turn out nice enough for around the house. I like win-win things!! So we are off crafting again. These candles are so cute, when lit they look like sparking snow.
This is a super easy, so cheap, fast, really cute idea when done. All you need is:
- Mason jars
- Cookie Sheet
- Glue (we are fans of the Elmers School Glue)
- Foam paint brushes
- Epson salt
- Tea Light candles
Okay lets make some candles!!
- Take the lids off the mason jars
- Pour salt onto the cookie sheet
- Use the foam brushes to spread a thin layer of glue all over the mason jar
- Lay the mason jar on its side in the cookie sheet and roll it to get the salt applied all over it
- Set the jar up to dry
- Once the jar is dry, fill the bottom of the jar with salt to make a holder for the tea light candle
- Place candle in the middle of the jar
- And your done
Tink had a blast making these. Belle was very into making it perfect: that all the sides were evenly covered and there were no bare spots. She took the longest to make hers. Baby just liked to play with the salt.
Post pics of how your candles turned out and how you personalized yours. Can’t wait to see them all