New Year’s Eve with the kids…. Family fun?? Lets make this holiday at home, as fun as going out.
This is the first year that we will be at our house, with the kids for New Year’s Eve. I was on a mission to make it enjoyable and memorable for not only all three girls, but for us adults too. How is that possible? Well, this little craft will give the kids something to look forward to at each hour mark, and kept them busy so the adults can enjoy some down time. Each hour the girls will open one of the bags; it will have some candy (or other treat) and a card with an activity that we will be doing for that hour. Things like: game time, watch a movie, make desserts and so on. It is super quick to put together, seriously took me an hour, and you will have all the needed materials already. How great is that?
- Paper Bags
- Card Stock/or any other colored paper you wish to use
- Blank Clock Template
- Marker (I am a fan of Sharpies. Who doesn’t like Sharpies?)
Let assemble the “Surprise Bags” (yea I know the name needs a little help. I am taking suggestions):
- Attach a piece of the card stock to the front of a paper bag. I used tape, but you can use glue if you prefer.
- Attach one of the blank clock templates to the middle of the card stock.
- Draw the hands of the clock on the clock face.
- All that is left is to fill the bag with whatever you want, and leave a little note as to the activity that will be going on.
Your little ones will be so excited to see these set out and the anticipation of getting to open each one will keep them excited about the night. Let me know how it turns out for you or what goodies you choose to put in each bag.