I am so excited, I got my first Birchbox!! For those of you who follow along on my social media you got to see the sneak peak that I got it. It was kinda like getting a present in the mail. Until you open it, there is no telling what is inside. It is a perfect little mystery box. I love that the outside of the package is yellow. It is a such a happy color, so fitting since it is bringing a little bit of happiness right to your front door. Seriously there is nothing not to love about that.
That is certainly not where the happiness ends. Lets open it up-
The inside of the box is lined with yellow tissue paper and is printed with a black and white striped/chevron pattern that is adorable. What is so great about this box is you get four to five samples and then one “LifeStyle” Extra. In this box, I got four items (three of the four were bigger then a normal sample size but not full size and one item was a full size) and my lifestyle extra. There was a great variety of items- hair product, skin care, makeup and breath crystals.
Another great perk is, it comes with a postcard size card saying what each item it and how to use it. Makes it so much easier then trying to figure out how or what something is. Also, it says what each item would cost as a full size without any discounts (if you buy through BirchBox you get a discount on all items that come in your box). Here is what was in my box:
- Gilchrist & Soames- Spa Therapy Lotion: Paraben-free moisturizer leaving skin smooth soft and calm.
- Nexxus- Color Assure Pre-Wash Primer, Shampoo and Conditioner: Oil infused trio to help keep your hair color vibrant for twice as long
- Pixi- Shea Butter Lip Balm Coral Crush: This is my favorite item in the box!! It is an amazing lip balm. My lips feel great using it and the color payout is AMAZING! The color is not something that I would normally pick, but it will be great for a picnic or day on the boat.
- Whish- Shave Crave Shaving Cream: This gave my legs a close shave without any irritation. Love the Grapefruit scent
- Lifestyle Extra- 32 Oral Care: I was very curious about this product. It says that they are like old-school pop rocks (you know the candy) but designed to freshen and clean your mouth. Candy that also cleans, that is my kind of thing. They were kinda odd. You pour them into your mouth, swish them around (make sure to get all over your mouth), once they start popping you know that they are working. My kids love them.
Overall I was very happy with this little box. Anyone else love getting one of these boxes? What did you think of the May box? What has been your favorite thing to get in one?