Monday Morning MakeUp Madness
OMG I am so late in getting the party started. It not so bad, when you show up to a party late. You just say that you are fashionably late, and every one just accepts it. But to throw a party, then be late. Well that is just bad form.
In my defense, I am having a wonderful time entertaining a houseful of family. It has been so great to see them all, and getting to spend some very much needed time with them has been just what I was needing.
So without any further delay. Lets jump right into the fun and get this party started 🙂Loading InLinkz ...
I love getting all dressed up for a night out on the town with my hubby. Not that it happens all the time, but when it does, I do like to get all dressed.
- Dress– Who else is a fan of LBD (little black dress)? This one has a nice twist, with the lace inlays up the sides. They will actually slim you by breaking up the solid black; and with the lines being vertical it will help you look taller. There is just something so great about a slit up the side. You get the coverage of a long dress, with a little umph. To me I think the slit is way more alluring then a teeny tiny dress. Once you hit a certain age, I think that the teeny tiny LBD looks like you are trying to hard. Like you are trying to still be a twenty something. While the slit is still sexy, while being classy.
- Shoes– There is something so classy about black and silver. These heels are just perfect for summer with the bit of a peep-toe. I would have my toenails painted black to stay with the black and silver color scheme.
- Purse– I love a great clutch. This one looks like it is big enough to hold all your stuff, while being small enough to still be sexy. What do you think of the beaded studs on the side?
- Earrings– Drop earrings will make your neck not only look longer but will make it look slimmer too!! Win-Win! I am loving these silver hoops, with the black onyx. They will dress up the whole outfit quite nicely.
What are you thoughts of this outfit? Is it something that you would wear on a night out or is it to much? Let me know what you think..
*The author gifted me a copy of her amazing book
for this review. All thoughts and opinions are my own
This book has all the things that a great book should be. It has romance, lies, suspense, throw in a supernatural twist and you have an amazing plot.
Anna follows 17 year old Anna Stuart. She has all the same issues as any other high school senior: should she go off to college, should she stay home to help the family, does the boy she likes like her back. All very normal problems, for the very normal Anna. Or at least that is what she thought.
Then the hallucinations begin. At first just at night, similar to nightmares. Haunting her nights. When a strange shadow man begins to haunt her, she is ready to seek out the truth. She hunt the very hunter that is haunting her. All while trying to keep up a semi-normal life of a high school student.
I found the characters not only enjoyable to read and relatable. I found my self perplexed by Steve at different points in the book. I was irritated with Heather for most of the book to be honest, but I loved that about her. Both of them becoming some of my favorite characters in the book. I truly came to care about what happened with Anna and the shadow man.
To be completely honest, the first few chapters, I found it hard to get into. It was teenage-high-school-drama life, but once the “meat” of the story started to come together, I could not put it down. I ended up staying up all night just to finish it, then was disappointed that it was over. Sitting on pins and needles waiting for the next one to come out.
To see more information about this book you can check Meghan Riley’s website here: http://mmriley.com/. Please check out her blog, and you will be able to get the inside track on Anna and what is coming up next.
I FINALLY got my May Ipsy Bag. For those of you that follow my social media you know that this was a huge pain. I signed up in April, no bag. May came and the post office lost my bag. Emailed the company, after 4 emails they agreed to re-send the bag. No bag sent. Canceled my account. Finally after another round of emails, they shipped out a bag. I was really hoping that they would send me the June bag (the reviews of that one have been awesome), but to be honest at this point I am just happy that I got a bag.
I should have taken a picture of the packaging that it came in, before I ripped it open like a child at Christmas. It came in a shiny pink package. To see that in my box was pretty great. It was so screaming, “I’m for Kat”. The size of the bag, had me a bit disappointed. It was much smaller then I was thinking that it would be. Even though it was small, it was so cute! I love the cream background with the dark green vines/leaves. It is the perfect size for all my trial sized items or small items in my daily makeup routine. But wow it was PACKED with stuff.
What I got:
- Hang 10 Sunscreen– I have received so much sunscreen this summer in different bags, offers, and giveaways; so I am a bit sunscreen-ed out. But this one has a great scent to it. And it applies very easily. Out of all of the ones that I have gotten, this one is by far my favorite.
- City Color: White Gold– A white glitter cream eyeshadow. This will be a lot of fun for a night out. When applied there is no color payout, but massive amounts of white/silver glitter. Not shimmer, but actual glitter. Can’t wait to try it out.. Hint Hint.. Hubby we need to go out.
- Avene: Thermal Spring Water- This was an item that I have never used before. It is kinda odd. It sprays a fine mist of water on your face. Living in the desert it is very refreshing, but it does have a tendency to make my makeup run. Not a good look. But the girls LOVE it. So into the purse it goes.
- Nailtini– This is a great nail color. It is a shimmery champagne color. You do need to use two coats to get it to show, but really how many of us only apply one coat? It is a very nude, but better color. Perfect for summer.
- Pur-Lisse– This is my absolute favorite item in the bag. It is a moisturizer for dry-aging-sensitive skin (so basically designed for me). It smells amazing and makes my skin look amazing. I am always worried about trying new moisturizer cause it normally breaks me out, but not with this one!
This was a great little bag. Packed with all kinds of great goodies. While they are not all full sized items, none of them are tiny sample sizes. Since May was such a disaster Ipsy has agreed to send me July’s bag to try. Hopefully next month will go more smoothly and I will have a great review. If you are interested in learning more about Ipsy or are interested in their services check out here: http://www.ipsy.com/r/a9ma
I am loving summer time. Everything from being outside, to sticky popsicle hands, to seeing the stars, lets not forget about amazing BBQ’s and the parties centered around the BBQ. With all this time outdoors, the last thing you need is a face-full of heavy makeup that will melt in the humid heat. SO here is my simple natural summer look.
- DERMAdoctor DD Cream 15-Benefits-In-1 (Be sure to check back in the next few weeks for a full review on this!! I am LOVING it)
- MAC Eye Shadow Satin Brule
- Mac Eye Shadow Omega
- MAC Eye Shadow Copperplate
- TARTE Cheek Stain FLUSH (Again be sure to check back for a full review!!)
- L’Oreal Infallible Gel Lacquer Liner, Dark Slate
- Rimmel Scandal Eyes Waterproof Kohl Eyeliner ~ Nude 005
- RIMMEL LONDON Scandaleyes Curve Alert Mascara – Black
- Bellapierre Lip Gloss- Chocolate Cream
Line lower waterline with the Rimmel Nude color liner. For those of us who are use to lining our eyes with black or another dark color, this look takes a little getting use to. I kept hearing bloggers and makeup artists swear by this technique to make their eyes look more open and awake. To be completely honest, the first few times that I did it, I thought that I looked like something out of the 80’s. Everyone told me how great I looked and asked if I was sleeping better; I was very confused. Now that I am more use to the look, I have to say, the other bloggers were right. This really does make my eyes look bigger, and way less red (meaning more awake). It is a worth a try (and more then once).
Apply Burle from lashline to eyebrow.
Apply Copperplate on the outer corners of your eyes. From lash line to crease. The key is to blend, blend, blend.
Apply Omega in the crease and slightly above it.
Line upper lash-line, from outer corners in about two thirds of the way, with Dark Slate. This will give your eyes great definition but not has harsh as a black liner. You can wing it a little bit; or have it thicker at the outer corners of the eyes and narrowing as you move towards the inner corner. Even a simple line looks great with this look.
Stipple DD cream under your eyes, around your nose, on your chin, and on your forehead. Blend in with large circular motions. Making sure that you apply it all the way to the hairlines, ears and blending down your neck.
Apply tarte cheek stain by stippling it (straight from the tube) onto the high points of the apples of your cheek. Then using your buffing brush from EcoTools (see here for my review on this brush) blend it all in with small curricular motions up your cheek bone. Normally, I am not a fan of this method of application for blush. But with this particular blush, it is easy to achieve and blend upwards. Don’t be scared by the color of this blush (it is a very dark berry color), I was totally turned off by it. After trying it, I am a total convert. It is a great sheer, light berry color; that looks like a natural flush of the cheeks.
Apply a little bit of lipgloss. I am a huge fan of the BellaPierre lipgloss in Chocolate Cream. A very light nude color, lots of shine, but no stickiness.
Last but not least, curl your lashes and apply mascara.
A very simple natural summer look. What are your thoughts? Is this something that you would wear? Have you used any of these products before?
Who is ready for another week? Normally I am vehemently against Mondays. Hence why this party is on Monday mornings, to give me something to look forward to. As many of you understand, being a homeschool mama Monday is the start to the week. They are always crazy for us, and it is just ugh. But I gotta admit, I am kinda diggin Monday’s now that the kids are out of school. We kinda loaf around. Slow to get out of bed and get dressed. We go to the store; no rush, and no one is there. I mean who does the Costco run on a Monday morning? This one!!
Onto the features from last week are:
Beauty Under 10-
MakeUp Myths Exposed
On The Daily Express-
Fashion Spending HabitsLoading InLinkz ...
I have been seeing a lot of parties with social media link up too. I am loving this trend. Every week, I will add one social media link that you can link up. Please follow a few new people if you link up. Anyone interested in adding this to our party?Loading InLinkz ...
The eyelash curler. Lets be honest for a moment, this tool is the least talked about tool in our arsenal. Often it is referred to as the “mid-evil torture device”, or at least that is how it is referred to in our house. They are all the same, they all look the same, they all work about the same, so why spend much time worrying about them. Right? Wrong….
First they are a mid-evil torture tool. If you do it wrong, it pinches the crap out of your eyelid. If you do it wrong, you can (and easily) pull out your eyelashes. There is not much to make me change away from that. Maybe one to many pinched eyelids.
And onto all the amazing things that this tool does. It opens your eyes by lifting the lashes. It also makes your eyes look bigger by creating more space around your eyes. Curling your lashes also makes you look more awake. It draws the line up and away from your eye, instead of having them hang down.
With everything that it does, it deserves some talk time. Out of all of the tools we use every day, this is one of the best tools we use. It is simple to use: you place your lashes in the opening and close. Hold for a three to five seconds, repeat if you want and your done. Apply a bit of mascara and you are ready to rock. There are so many different kinds to choose from now: traditional metal, heated, tiny, you name it there is an option for it. I have tried so many on the market, and honestly I think the traditional metal clamp ones work the best. They give a great curl that lasts a long time. And I really did think that they were all the same…. until….. I tried Whiplash Pink Eyelash Curler By Crave Naturals
There just is so much that I am loving about this curler. First lets talk about the packaging. To me, packing is huge. I like things to come in a pretty wrapping. This box is just so cool. It is edgy, kinda retro cartoony, bold girlie colors. Even with as great as the packaging is, that’s not the part that does the curling. The eyelash curler looks about the same as other metal traditional, other then the pink cushions, but wow it does an amazing job. It is able to grab all of your lashes, with the first curl, all the way down at the root. Without any pinching. Giving you the most eye opening look possible. Then the curl lasts all day long. This curler is worth giving a try.
What are your thoughts? What do you look for in a curler? Do you curl your lashes every day?
I know that this does not fit into my normal beauty/fashion posts. And that most of you who read me, read this blog for the tips and tricks to make us look a little better. But, wait for it, true beauty is more then just the clothes that we put on or how we wear our makeup. And if we are going to truly be concerned with how we look then we should incorporate a healthy lifestyle. That would include a better diet and an exercise routine. (See I can make it fit in to my normal blog. hehe)
It seems like CrossFit gyms are popping up everywhere lately. Everyone is jumping on the CrossFit bandwagon. The reviews are either raving about how life changing it is or how horrible it is. So what is the truth? After much research, here is what I am finding about the pros and the cons:
- Lets be real, any exercise is better then no exercise.
- It is a full body workout, and will work all your muscles.
- It is relatively quick. Most days you can be done in about 45 minutes.
- There is a huge community feeling. No boring running by yourself on a treadmill every day.
- Each day the work out is different, so you don’t get bored doing the same thing over and over.
- While circuit training works all the muscles, you are not going to be able to target a specific area.
- Working in groups, while more enjoyable, you won’t get much one-on-one training. This can leave you doing parts incorrectly, and making it easier to get injured.
- It encourages you to push yourself hard, sometimes harder then you should. Our bodies can only go so far.
- It is designed to do a certain amount of work, as fast as you can. While this has benefits, it is argued that it is not set up for long term health.
- Pushing your body to the point of exhaustion every single day, is not needed for weight loss.
After seeing so many people dramatically change their appearance with this routine, I have been intrigued. After doing a bunch of reading, there seems to be only two sides, you love it or you hate it. There is no middle ground. Until a close friend of my, and fellow blogger, posted an amazing article about her personal experience with CrossFit.
She has always been a beautiful person, inside and out. But I have to say that since she has started this journey, she has made huge strides. Going from beautiful to a truly uniquely gorgeous woman. Her confidence, once non-existent, now thrives. Her body, once soft/round, now is solid and muscular. Her eating habits, once loving junk food, is now health conscious. Take a moment to check out her amazing blog, for her personal thoughts on CrossFit and how it changed her life.
What are your thoughts? Anyone else involved with this? Is it something that you are interested in?
Did anyone see the premier of this show, Chasing Life? It aired last week, and I have total mix feelings about it. This is odd, normally I know pretty quick if I am going to like something or not. But this show, I liked parts of it. I really disliked other parts of it.
The show is about April (Italia Ricci), a twenty something reporter that is working her way up the corporate ladder. She lives with her widowed mother and her troublesome younger sister. It follows her life and her trials. Then an uncle, that is not well liked, had to break the worst news possible: April has cancer.
The one thing that I LOVED about this show, was how they did April’s makeup. It is dramatic and brings all the attention to her eyes. Without being heavy. It actually is a pretty natural look. Talk about natural but better look!! It is soft and romantic; all while being totally day time wearable. Actually, I have been trying to perfect this look all weekend. Not only have I been able to nail it; I was able to duplicate it with my Too Faced- Chocolate Bar pallet!!! (See I told ya that this was the best pallet ever)
MakeUp Needed (I linked these to Amazon if you want the exact product that I used):
- Too Faced- Chocolate Bar Eye Shadow Pallet
- Too Faced – Chocolate Soleil Matte Bronzing Powder
- Bobbi Brown Blush Pretty Pink
- Too Faced Tinted Beauty Balm
- Bobbi Brown Lipstick Pale Beach
- Bellapierre Cosmetics Lip Gloss- Chocolate Cream
Apply “White Chocolate” all over your eyelid; lash-line to brow.
Apply “Milk Chocolate” in your crease.
Apply “Salted Caramel” over your eyelid; the football shaped area from your lash-line to crease.
Apply “Triple Fudge” in a V-shape on the outer corners of your eye. You will do this by lining your lower lash line; then follow up into your crease. Take it in about a third of the way through your crease.
Apply the BB Cream to your face by stippling it under your eyes, around your nose, on your chin and on your forehead. Then blend with large circular motions. Be sure to blend under your chin and down your neck too.
Apply the bronzer under your cheek bones. When looking straight into the mirror, trace from the edge of your eye down your cheek till you reach just under your cheek bone. Then sweep it along the bone, to your hairline. Blend in with circular motions. Apply a small amount to your temples, blending in with circular motion. And finally, apply some along your jaw line.
Apply blush to your cheek bones. Starting at your hair line, sweep down your cheek bone (staying on the cheek bone). Be sure to stop no close then two finger widths to your nose. Then blend using circular motions, back up your cheek bone.
Apply lipstick, make sure that you cover your entire lip so no pink is showing through.
Then to achieve her shiny pouty look, apply the lipgloss on top.
Like always, last but not least, curl your lashes and apply mascara.
There you go!! Let me know your thoughts. Do you like this look? Is this something that you would be able to wear out and about?
Monday Morning MakeUp Madness
Happy Monday!! How was everyone’s Father’s Day? Did you guys do anything fun and special for your guys? We always try, I mean we really really try. But I am a horrid gift giver. Trying to figure out what my husband of 12 years wants, is so impossible. It should be easy, I know him so well. We have been together forever. But man, I rack my brains for weeks and come up with nothing. It is so stressful. Then I feel horrible cause I think in our 12 years, I have given him two gifts that he (1) liked and (2) still has/uses. I think the issue is that he is such a mans man and I am such a girlie girl; so it is hard for me to move my brain that far to the other side just doesn’t work. And what manly man is going to get excited about clothes?
Hopefully, you guys don’t suffer from the same ailment and that you had amazing Fathers Day gifts for all the men in your life. I am putting it behind me and starting another week.
Lets get to this week’s features:
Finding the Perfect Blush
This was our post that got the most click throughs last week.
Heart Loves Home-
Mint + Coral Necklace
How amazing are these colors together?
**I hate having to nag and remind ya. But after you link up, please be sure to check out a few other posts. Lets be social**Loading InLinkz ...