This summer there are so many different trends going on. Some are really great, some are geared more for a twenty-something crowd and some are just perfect for everyone. What are some of the trends that have you excited? Which ones have you running? Here is my list of the 2014 trends: the good, the bad, and my thoughts on them
- Colored Eyeliner– One of the great things about summer is the natural, “me-but-better” looks. The main down fall is you can get stuck in a rut, there is no real excitement, there is no pop of color. This makes it so easy to grab some colored eyeliner, for that pop. This years big shade is blue. Any shade of blue works, turquoise to a dark navy. While I am a fan of colored liner (mainly purple and green), I just can’t get into the blue. The nice thing about this trend is that anyone, of any age, with any skin tone can totally rock it. If your into blue.
- Bold Brows– The eyebrow is making a HUGE comeback. The days of the tiny over-plucked brow is over. Big and bold (but very groomed) is in. For me, and girls with big brows, this is great. The brow helps to not only frame the face, but it anchors the face as well. Again it is a look that anyone can pull it off.
- White Eyeliner– It kinda ties into the colored eyeliner, but not. White eyeliner makes a striking statement; it makes your eyes look bigger, brighter, more awake and the whites of the eyes look whiter. You can line the waterlines of your eyes, or you can layer it on top of the colored liner for a night out statement. I find this hard to pull off, while I like to line my waterlines with it for a day look. Anything more then that makes me feel… weird.
- Orange Lips– Orange is HUGE. If you look at the run-ways orange lips are everywhere. This is one of those trends that I just can’t get into. Maybe I am just not finding the right shade of orange, maybe my skin tone is just the wrong tone for orange, who knows. But I have crossed this trend off of my follow list. (But I have shifted it slightly to corals and peaches. They both are orange based without being orange)
- Peach Blush– This has to be my favorite trend at the moment. Peach blush looks amazing on everyone. It really gives a nice warm, lit from within look. I think that this looks great on everyone, but mostly women in their 30s-50s. As we age, we tend to think that we need a pink blush to look younger, but this peach color will do more for you then any pink color.
- Glowing Skin– Having glowing, “my-skin-but-better” is in. While I tend to think that this is code for a dewey look, I do think that glowing lit from within is a good look for most people. Having great clear skin (even if you are faking it), will always be in fashion. There is nothing better then a great canvas. But lets keep the dewey look to those 20-somethings.
I think that I was able to hit the all the trends: Eyes, Blush, Lips, Brows, and Skin. What are your thoughts? Are these trends that you would follow? Just a word of advice- try them one at a time, not all at once 🙂