Again I missed getting my August review posted in August. Ugh! September will be a better month, and I have lots of great posts already planned and waiting for you to read. But before all of that, let’s talk about an amazing box month; I mean across the board was perfect boxes. I am so lucky to have gotten mostly makeup products (since that is the only item I really want).
Ipsy went above and beyond this month. For those of you who don’t know about Ipsy; it is monthly beauty box subscription. Every month they send you a great makeup bag filled with 4-5 beauty sample (plus the bag). This is one of my favorite subscriptions, because you get a great reusable bag every month. They make for great ways to store items, or my daughters tend to swipe them and use them as “purses”. And its only $10 a month! Yea!!
This month was a great bag, white bag with pretty orange polka dots. So cute! Filled inside was:
- Bee All Natural Lip Balm– I am a lip balm hoarder. Seriously just emptied my purse to find 8 (yes 8) tubes, tins, and balls of lip balm. There is a small issue there. That being said, I LOVE when I get lip balms in my bag and this one is awesome. It has a grapefruit flavor/scent which is so different from most and works great without feeling waxy. Will totally buy again in the future.
- GlamGlow Youthmud Masque- Normally, I am not a huge mask fan. The idea of walking around for 10-15 minutes with a hard (and oh so pretty) face of mud; not my cup of tea. HOWEVER, this one was really nice. It didn’t feel all tight and dry like most, and it left my face looking radiant and soft. I am not sure if it tightened my skin like it claims, but my skin was nice after. Since masks are not really my thing and that I don’t know if this did what it claimed; I will probably not purchase again in the future.
- Manna Sheer Glo Shimmer Lotion– This is exactly like what it says it is, a shimmer lotion. It is suppose to be for your face giving you a dewey complexion. For me, it is way to over the top. I do like it for a highlight, on top of the cheek bones for a night out though. Something to be careful of, it does have a strong pink undertone to it. So you certainly don’t need it AND a blush. This little tube will last quite a while for me, but when it is out I am not sure I will buy again. On the fence with this one.
- Coastal Scents EyeShadow- This is a product that I have heard a lot about lately, it seems like everyone is trying it. I was so excited to be getting it in my bag, but it ended up being colors that I would never (and I mean NEVER) wear. So a little disappointed there.
- Urban Decay 24/7 Velvet Eye Pencil– This was the one item that I was so excited to get. There is so much great buzz about it and it was in a great eggplant purple color. It does not work well on the waterline, a little bummed but can get over it. It works amazing on the top lash line, really lasts forever. No smudging or feathering, just a perfect line all day long. The sample that they sent will last forever (like half of the size of a full size). But here is the deal breaker for me. I went to sharpen it, and you have to buy their sharpener to sharpen it. Ugh, not going to go load up the kids, go to the mall, and buy a $20 sharpener. For this reason I will not purchase ANY additional UD pencils. Boo, hate when companies do this, but if you don’t mind, then this is a GREAT eye pencil.
See another great bag. Does anyone else get their monthly bag from Ipsy? Need more information or want to sign up. Just click below to go there!