Yup, so I officially missed getting my August BirchBox review posted in August. Late is better then never, right? At least I hope so, since that has been my life lately. Seems like everything has been a day late. At least things are never boring over here. I promise that it does not take away from how much I absolutely adore this month’s box. It was great, and you can tell the efforts that they put in towards getting the box just right based on your preferences.
For those of you who don’t know, BirchBox is a monthly beauty box. Every month, they send you a pretty box packed full of samples. Everything from fragrance, to soaps, to makeup, to skin care, even snacks once in a blue moon. They go above and beyond compared to other boxes, because they don’t just include the samples, they include a post card that has all kinds of information about each product. It really helps when you get a new product that just baffles you, to have this card telling you how to use it. And all of this for only $10 a month, you can’t go wrong.
This month we received:
- Noir Long-Wear Black Eyeliner– This is a great full size eyeliner. It goes on so smooth, doesn’t pull or tug your lash line, and it lasts until you take it off. And is by far my favorite item in this box. Can’t get enough eyeliner!!
- Catherine Malandrino Style de Paris– What an amazing scent. It is fruity with a hint of floral. A little bit goes a long long way, the sample that they sent will last a long time with how strong this is.
- Marcelle BB Cream Golden Glow- I am on the fence about this one. It really does a great job, very light coverage but evens everything out beautifully. It is 100% natural you look, but 100% better. The only downfall: it has a very dewey finish.
- Not Soap Radio– This got swiped before I was able to try it. My daughter came into my bathroom to steal my shampoo (since I apparently have better shampoo then she does) and she saw it in my shower. Next thing I know, she is telling me how great it is and that I need to buy more lol. But she did smell amazing and even with her extremely sensitive dry skin, it did not irrate her at all.
- Birch Sap Moisturizing Lotion– I was not a fan of this on my face. It broke me out a bit, plus left my skin very shiny (not dewey full on shine). However, it was amazing on my hands. Not greasy, left my hands super soft and even helped with my poor cuticles. Loved it for that.
Overall I loved this box!! Great products and great value. What about you guys, do you subscribe to any monthly beauty boxes? Do you like the idea of them, or do you like picking out your stuff before you buy? If you need any more information, or want to sign up; just click on the link below.
Can you believe that it is fall already. Okay, yes fall is not technically for a little bit. September 22 to be exact; but to me Labor Day signifies the end of summer and the start of fall. Anyone else feel that way?
One of my favorite things about fall is the change in your makeup routine. Now don’t get me wrong, all the pumpkin flavors, the need for scarves, the cinnamon and nutmeg; also all really good things. But with makeup, we get to make the change away from the natural looks. We can breakout the darker colors; bold lips, dark eyes, are all acceptable for fall. I love being able to be a bit more dramatic, a bit more edgy. To make it even better, this year fall is going to be big on the greens and champagne colors. Which has been my favorite fall colors for years, just this year I get to wear them AND be trendy lol.
If you have read my blog for a while, you have seen the reviews on this pallet (which you can read here) and you know my love affair with Too Faced. So it is no surprise that I am going to kick off this season focusing on…. drum roll….. Too Faced!!
(I did put affiliated links to Amazon if you need to see exactly what I am talking about. Just click the links and it will take you straight to the info pages)-
- BOOTS No7 Lift & Luminate Foundation
- Smashbox Limitless Eye Liner – Onyx
- Too Faced Natural At Night Eyeshadow Palette
- COVERGIRL Bombshell Curvaceous
- Bobbi Brown Antigua
- Rimmel London- Kate Lipstick 03
Line upper and lower waterline with the SmashBox black eyeliner. To avoid eyeliner overload, I typically only the line the outer corners.
Using the Natural At Night pallet, apply Spotlight all over the eyelid. From lash line to brow. This gives a nice uniform canvas to work with.
Apply Moonstone on eyelid. Starting at the outer corner and blending inward. You will want to bring this color in about 2/3 toward your inner corner, gradually lightening the color. The color should be from the lash line to the crease.
Apply Full Moon, in the inner corner and in the crease. Using windshield wiper motions, back and forth across the eyelid blending everything.
Apply Night Fever, along the upper lash line. I tend to have the outer corners with a slightly thicker line, having the line get thinner as I move towards my inner corner.
Apply foundation all over face. I first stipple it only my face where I need the most coverage. Think under eyes, around nose, on chin, and on forehead. Then blend using small circular motions.
Apply blush by sweeping down the cheek bone. See here for a great, simple way to apply blush that will look great on all face shapes.
Apply lipstick. I like using a nude color, this helps to make your eyes stand out a bit more.
And like always, last but not least, curl your eyelashes and apply two coats of mascara.
Be sure to tell yourself that you are beautiful.
Are you guys looking forward to breaking out the darker fall makeup colors or do you keep it simple year around? Are you going to rock this season’s it colors? What is your favorite thing about fall?