It is boot season!!! Personally, I wear boots year around. My cowboy (or should I say cowgirl) boots are out and about no matter the time of year. But fall seems like when the rest of the country pulls out and dusts off their boots. Whether they are thigh high boots or ankle boots, suede or leather, heeled or flat; there are several rules to follow to make your boots look great. Keep in mind that these are just my “rules” and rules are made to be broken. If you wear boots differently then I have listed here, leave me a comment and let me know how you rock the boots this season.
- Wear Boots with Jeans
- Skinny Jeans There is no argument that a great pair of skinny jeans tucked into a pair of jeans is a classic look. It is pretty simple for everyone to pull off too.
- Boot Cut Jeans There is a reason that these are called boot cut. They are designed to give you enough room to wear outside your boots. Don’t try to tuck them in, it always looks odd.
- Layer Your Boots with Cute Socks
- Once the weather gets a bit cooler, it is nice to wear some thicker socks in your boots. Well the good news is, you don’t have to worry about hiding them in your boots. If you are wearing some fun socks, let them show. Pull them up over your skinny jeans (Or tights/leggings) and let about an inch or two show out the tops of your boots.
- Wear Your Boots with Skirts
- Looking for a way to make the look a bit more girlie, then you can always pair them with a skirt. Both a pencil and an a-line look great with boots. You can keep your legs bare or if it is a bit chilly pair it with tights or leggings; just be sure to keep the color solid.
- Just be sure to keep them the skirt at your knee or slightly above; to avoid any touching, weird skin showing issues.
- Wear Your Boots with Dresses
- Want to make it even more girlie and feminine? Then pair your boots with a dress. Everything from simple cotton dresses, to lace, to red carpet can be paired with boots. Same as a skirt, have the hem hit your knee or slightly above it. Or unlike a skirt, you can wear a full length dress and still be able to pull off the boots. And again you can wear the dress with or without leggings/tights.
- Wear Your Boots to Weddings
- Not if you are a guest, even to a country wedding, boots are not appropriate to attend a wedding. HOWEVER, if you are the bride of a country wedding, there is nothing better than a great pair of cowboy boots under that big beautiful dress. And your bridesmaids will love you for letting them rock a par of comfy boots, as opposed to horribly uncomfortable heels on the grass.
Something to keep in mind is that if you are wearing your boots to be shown, it adds a lot of bulkiness to your outfit. Counter act this by adding some bulky up to draw the eye back to your face, away from your feet. You can do this simply with a chunky necklace or a scarf.
No matter how you choose to wear your boots, there is not a wrong way to rock the boots.