Ipsy is a monthly beauty subscription. When you sign up, they have you fill out a survey informing them of your preferences. Then every month, they send you a pretty pink present, full of five to six samples; ranging from makeup, to nail care, to skin care, to hair care, and other fun items. These are not your normal foil packet samples, these are mini sized products to full size products. Some bags you will love everything in them and some you may have an item or two that your thrilled with. Ipsy is my favorite beauty subscription for one main reason; it comes with a re-usable makeup bag. It is only $10 a month, so even an off month is well worth it and you are getting your monies worth.
This was by far the best Ipsy bag that I have gotten. I know it seems like I say that a lot, but they are getting much much better. Maybe because the holidays are approaching, so the samples that they are getting are much better; or because you rate your samples when you get a bag so they pick better items for you. Who knows, but I really like this trend and hope that they keep getting better.
This month, in my bag:
- Rogue By Rihanna– Sells for $45.00 Full Size
- Normally I am not huge on getting perfumes. I have what I like, and I don’t like mixing up my scents. This one though is a very nice size (half of a full size bottle), and it smells…. sexy, for lack of a better word. It has notes of suede, musk, amber, and a hint of vanilla. Not my normal scent, but very nice. It is pretty strong and lasts for a long time.
- Lip Gloss by StarLooks– Sells for $12.00 Full Size
- The color of this was amazing. It is a light pinky mauve color, and applies the color it shows. However, it is way to sticky for me to wear. My lips end up sticking together. My daughters though, had no issue with the stickiness and love it.
- MakeUp Removing Wipes by Skyn Iceland– Sells for $15.00 Full Size
- I did not like these. They irritated my skin, and stung a bit when using them. On the flip side, they did work really well. And removed all my makeup.
- Mineralized Baked Eyeshadow by Jesse’s Girl– Sells for $3.00 Full Size
- This was a full size sample (love when that happens). The color is a silvery taupe. It was just a very light shimmer when I first started using it, and was about to hand off to the girls to play with, when I broke through the top layer. Now it is a great silver color. Stay patient with it, and it will pay off.
- Protein BB Hair Cream by Ecru– Sells for $12.00 Full Size
- This was another full size product. It is AMAZING. After getting out of the shower apply this to wet/clean hair. Then blow dry and style like normal. It made my hair so soft, fuller, manageable and took care of all of the frizzy ends that I have from coloring my hair. Even my hubby noticed how great my hair looked. Then as a side note, I was able to even have a great second day hair day. This never happens, my thin/fine/oily hair needs to be blow dried every day or it is an oily flat mess. But not when I use this. While it is a small package, it will last a long time.
Then we have the reusable makeup bag. I normally LOVE the bags, they just come in so handy. This bag was just not my cup of tea. HOWEVER, Belle saw it the moment I pulled it out of my package and fell in love with it. It is a shiny blue-green tiled bag. She takes it everywhere, her toys fit perfect in it. She was over the moon when I let her have it.
If you account for the sizes that I got, this bag was worth about $30.00. Pretty good value this month. How about you guys, do you have any subscription services that you love? Would this be something that you would be willing try? What would Ipsy need to do to get your business?
If you want more information or want to sign up. Just click here!