Plaid, plaid, plaid everywhere. Everywhere I look people are wearing plaid. (Mostly not well) Let me start by saying that I didn’t like the plaid trend back in the 90’s and I am not a fan of it this go round. That being said, there are ways to stay on trend with this; without looking like a lumberjack.
How to Wear Plaid-
- Think accents, not full outfits. I have a great purple plaid infinity scarf that I actually like. It is nice to wear with my boots, some skinny jeans, a black tee and then using the plaid as my pop of color. It ties into the boots, for an urban cowboy look. It is small enough to not be to over the top, but still trendy.
- What about your sneakers? There are tons of great plaid sneakers. Again this adds a small bit of plaid to stay on trend, but not so much to over power your outfit.
- Last week, I posted about wearing boots. (You can check that out here) The other day, I saw a girl wearing some pink plaid socks out over the top of her boots with some black leggings. It was a really cute look, and even I would wear some plaid socks with my boots and leggings.
- With a headband, there are so many options here. I have seen simple headband with a plaid bow, to full wraparound headbands that are solid plaid.
- If you must wear a full collared, button up, cuffed, plaid shirt. Then wear it with a pair of jeans and either a simple black jacket or single colored hoodie. This way the only plaid that you are seeing is the collar and then cuffs.
I think the main thing to take away here, is think of plaid as an accent; not the main look.
What about you all, do you wear plaid? Were you into it in the 90’s? Let me know what you think of this trend.