Have you heard? Urban Decay came out with another basics pallet!! Okay so you probably have, since it came out this summer, but I just got my hands on it. I LOVED the first one (you can see that post here), so much that I have gone through (hit the pan through) a number of them now. When I heard that they were coming out with another one, I was over the moon. But then it looked so similar, I held off on buying it.
In Naked 2 Basics there are 6 matte colors-
- Skimp- Says that it is a satin finish, however, it looks more matte then satin. It is a light peachy-nude shade that is great as a base or a highlight.
- Stark- This is a great pink/nude matte color. It has quickly become one of my favorites.
- Frisk- This is a brownish gray. Perfect for blending and as a transition color. Personally, I have ended up using it on every look. It reminds me of MAC Omega.
- Cover- This is the only warm color in the pallet. Normally I shy away from anything with a red undertone. This however, turned into a great warm brown shade.
- Primal- This is a cool brown shade. Another favorite of mine.
- Undone- This is a cool brownish-gray color. I love smudging it on my lash line. This is very similar to MAC Brun.
Just like in the original, the shades all work well together and are meant to create a variety of looks. All of the shades are easy to work with, and very blend-able. With the exception of Skimp, they are all matte; which I think is better for a day look. It creates very soft, neutral looks. While it also has the ability to crank it up with the colors Primal and Undone.
The first Naked Basics pallet that came out, was a very warm pallet. This one on the other hand, is mostly cool colors. Personally, I like the cool colors better. While this one does not have the range that the original did (with missing a white and a black), for daytime looks I think that it has mastered it.
What about you, has anyone else tried this pallet yet? What are your thoughts? Do you prefer cooler or warmer shades?