How was everyone’s Thanksgiving? We hosted our first big Thanksgiving dinner here at the Ryan house. My domestic skills are a bit on the slacking side, cooking is not exactly something that I excel at. To say that I was nervous, is like calling an iceberg an ice-cube. With a little bit of help, we were able to pull it off. Pretty proud of myself over here!!
So onto Monday MakeUp……
Do you love matte lipsticks? I know that I do. Sometimes though, I find that they are incredibly hard to pull off. Matte lipsticks are not know to be the most friendly makeup to work with. They have a tendency to be dry (and drying), they show cracks, they can make lips look smaller. But with a little prep work they are wonderful, for those times that you don’t want a shiny, sticky, sparkly mess on your lips.
A few simple steps to keep in mind:
- Make sure that you exfoliate your lips before hand. This will pull off any flakes that are bound to show up with a matte lipstick
- Use a lip liner that is the same color as your lips. This will help keep the lipstick where you want it, and help keep them from looking smaller.
- I always put a bit of lip balm on my lips before a matte lipstick. This will help keep them from drying out on you.
In my BirchBox last month, I received a sample of ModelCO Party Proof Lipstick and LOVED it. Even though they are completely matte, they don’t dry out my lips at all. The color is true to the tube color. They would look flattering on just about everyone. Plus they had major staying power. They really are Party Proof.
Luckily I had some points saved up and was able to use them on the box set of their neutral collection. To be honest, I was a bit nervous buying lipstick online (well actually I buy very little of anything online). But once it got here, totally worth it!!
It came with three matte neutral colors:
- Get Naked– Is a light flesh tone color, with a peachy undertone. On me it almost makes my lips nonexistent. Which is perfect to go with a very dark smokey eye.
- Kitty– Is a very light ballet pink color. This has become my new go-to day time color. It is just so soft and girlie. While I am not normally a pink girl, this looks good even on my skin tone.
- Dusk Till Dawn– This is a mute dusty rose color. While it is not my favorite of the three, it is certainly not disliked. It is a slightly darker version of my natural lip color. It would be a perfect color if you are going for a natural look, but with a little oomph. Or for afternoon tea.
I can see getting a lot of use out of all three of these colors. What about you guys? What lipstick colors do you wear? Are you a fan of the matte or do you like the more satin traditional lipsticks?