10 Quick and Healthy Lunches Even Your Kids Will Love
What is the hardest meal to get on the table for your family? For us it is hands down lunch. Breakfast, my kids are old enough to be on their own for. They know what they can eat, and they can get it all put together themselves. Dinner is always a sit down as a family event, so that is always planned out a few days a head of time. But lunch…. Lunch always is a scramble last minutes. Do we make sandwiches (again)? Should we try to get leftovers a new chance? Hey, maybe just snack through lunch? No… If you are anything like me, here are 10 sure fire, quick, easy and healthy lunches; that even the pickiest of eaters will eat. (Yes I have tested them on my kids)
Here they are (in no particular order)
- Pizza Rolls – What kid doesn’t love pizza? And you cant wrong with this simple version
- Quesadillas – Very similar to the pizza roll. These are just a tortilla and some cheese. Who doesn’t love a hot cheesy quesadilla. Plus you can through in any left overs and call it good. Got some shredded pork? Then make shredded pork quesadillas. Got some beef roast? Chunk it up and you have beef quesadillas. The options are endless.
- PinWheels – Such a fun take on sandwiches. There is no end to the options here. My kids fav is a traditional PB&J
- Pancake for Lunch – Who doesn’t love breakfast for lunch? And these little pancakes are amazing.
- Cheese, Ham and Crackers – Let your kids build their own cracker sandwich. They can eat them all separately (which is what mine do). But its always fun and easy.
- Peanut Butter Protein Balls – These are packed with healthy fats, and a ton of protein. The kids always feel like I am letting them eat cookies for lunch. Its a win win.
- HomeMade Hot Pockets – Lets be honest, there is something simply amazing about hot pockets. So here is a healthy twist that your kids wont refuse.
- Blackberry Bacon Grilled Cheese – OMG! These are sweet, salty and have a little tang from the Swiss cheese.
- BBQ Chicken Bacon Wraps – These are so easy. Now I will let you in on a secret, I have been known to just use deli turkey instead of chicken. It makes it even easier and the kids like it just as much.
- Turkey and Cheese Kabobs – Everything is better on a stick… Right?
So you tell me, what is your favorite go to lunch for your kids. What is something easy, yet tasty that your kids will always eat?