Lets talk about home made, straight from the oven bread. Is there anything better? In my world, there is nothing better. The house smells amazing all day long, the payoff for the wait is amazing, and it is a little piece of heaven right there on the table. If you can even get it where it is still a little warm, oh thats the stuff that dreams are made of. Well, here is an amazing, easy, no kneed bread that will wow even the harshest of critics (the kids I mean).
I love carbs, not even going to try to hide that. I love them them in all forms: pasta, rice, cereal. But my favorite is hands down bread. Sourdough, French, Italian, that super dark that you can get at “fancy” restaurants; there is yet a bread that I don’t love. When it is warm, right out of the oven; simply perfection. But who has time to make home made bread every day? And who even knows HOW to make bread right out of the oven? Yes, some of us fancy bread making machines. Those are great and make lovely home made bread; but it is still not that fresh out of the oven bread.
This was something that I really wanted to learn to do. With the world as it is, I have some extra time on my hands. (You know when not trying to entertain four little human beings, or keep them from killing each other while stuck at home too) Time though. Who has the time? Where do you start to learn? Well, my wonderful amazing neighbor must have heard my thoughts. She brought me over a lovely, hot, fresh loaf of bread for our dinner one night. I was in love!
This bread is so easy to make. It doesn’t take all day to make. You won’t be spending hours kneeding the dough. And you will have a perfect, lovely loaf of bread for your dinner table. (Best part, is this actually makes 4 loaves, so you will have bread ALL WEEK by making it once)
What you will need:
- 3 Packets of Instant Rise Yeast
- 11 Cups of Flour
- 5 – 5 and 1/2 Cups Warm Water
- 1 Tablespoon Salt
- 3 Tablespoon Sugar
A few notes about what I have learned:
- If you don’t have instant rise yeast- make sure that you “activate” your yeast BEFORE you start working. Yes I know that many people have great luck by just adding it to the dough and moving on. This has not been my experience. So before you get started:
- empty all packets into a bowl
- Add 3 Teaspoons of sugar
- Add 3/4 Cup of warm water
- Mix until dissolved
- Let sit while you gather the rest of the ingredients. It should expand and foam
- It doesn’t matter the type of flour that you use. I like bread flour, it makes a slightly chewier bread. But All purpose works beautifully too
Lets get down to it –
Making Amazing Easy No Kneed Bread:
- Get yeast ready – If needed
- Mix remaining dry ingredients (Sugar, Salt, Flour)
- Add yeast
- Add Water
- Mix until combined
- This will be VERY VERY sticky. You don’t have to kneed or mix for long. Just until everything is combined.
- Grease (4) loaf pans
- Grease pans with butter. When you think you have greased enough, double the amount!! All the way to the top of the pans, it makes it so much easier to pop the bread out.
- Divide dough into each of the 4 pans
- Let rise 30-120 minutes. Bread is done rising when it has doubled in size and reaches the top of the loaf
- Cover loosely with a kitchen/dish towel
- If your house is cold, or your running your a/c try this method
- Place rising dough in oven
- Place a bowl of boiling water into the oven
- Close oven allow to rise WITHOUT opening oven
- Preheat oven to 350
- Bake bread for 30-40 minutes. It will be golden brown when done.
That is it!! It is a great bread for just about any occasion, to go with any meal, and everyone feels so spoiled. I have had this ready from start to finish in as little as 90 minutes (when everything goes perfectly). That includes: mixing, rising, and baking! Can’t go wrong with this easy no-kneed bread.