Lets talk about working out for a moment. This is not an area that is in my comfort zone. Even with wanting to be fit, firm and healthy; I am not a “work out” person. The idea of going to the gym stresses me out. There are all of those tiny people with no body fat. Plus I have no idea how to actually use any machines. The idea of being the soft, squishy woman there, looking lost and confused is not doing it for me. Then lets not even mention the yoga classes, with the women who are ridiculously limber. What adult person is really suppose to bend like that? Yes I realize that this is sounds very judgmental. That is not really my point, I am not actually judging them. I am more jealous then anything.
But instead of doing anything about it, I will just sit here and make excuses. Here they are:
- I can’t go to the gym, because I have no time. Between the kids, schooling, house work, laundry, dishes, cooking, etc; there is just not enough time to spend 60-90 minutes a day at the gym.
- It is to expensive. With the gym membership, childcare, plus paying for a training to show me how to use all that equipment; it is just to high every month.
- It is okay to be a little soft, I have three kids. There is no need to go back to zero body fat.
- My doc said to take things easy because of my chronic back pain. Therefore I can’t exercise.
- We travel to much to stick with a workout program. So why start to have it all derailed every time we leave town.
Did I miss any? Those seem to be my Top 5 Reasons Why I Don’t WorkOut. What are yours?
Well, it seems to have taken a toll on me. Now I look in the mirror and am a bit heavier then I want to be, a bit more squishy, and the straw on the camels back, my favorite pair of jeans don’t fit. Something has to be done, I am no longer happy with me. But again, I am not going to be going to the gym. All of those reasons have not magically disappeared.
Lucky for me, in the mail just last week I got this awesome book “Fit and Fabulous In 15 Minutes”. Woo Hoo!! 15 minutes I can do. Shoot the girls can do 15 minutes with me everyday and we can call it PE. Plus reading it, it claims (page 10):
- It can be done anywhere- even on the road when you’re traveling
- You only need four square feet of space to do it
- There is no need to join a gym
- You don’t have to invest in a single piece of equipment- not even a stretchy band or hand weights
Well these seem to be promises that I can live with. Do it at home, within 15 minutes and you don’t have to figure out how to use all that stuff. To be honest it has a bit of 80’s workout vibe to it. But it seems pretty straight forward and I am willing to give it a go.
So here are the starting stats (don’t laugh at me)-
- Weight- 130 (even though she says not to focus on weight. Since muscle weighs more then fat, it is possible to gain weight on this program while losing fat.)
- Bust- 35 inches
- Waist- 29 inches
- Hips- 38 inches
- Upper Arms- 11 inches
- Size- 6
Be sure to check back in two weeks and see if I have lost the inches and clothing sizes that she promises.