(Picture provided by Ipsy. We were so excited that we ripped into this one before
taking a picture of my actual items…. Sorry)
Another AMAZING Ipsy bag!! I know that I started off a little rough with Ipsy, and it had me questioning whether it was worth the hassle or not. I am so so so glad that I stuck around. Who knows if they are just getting better stuff (aka- stuff I want), or if they really do pay attention to what I am liking and so they are better picking for me. But either way their products ROCK this month.
Ipsy is a monthly beauty bag that sent to you every month. It is like a mini-present tailored just for you, plus it comes in a pretty pink bubble wrap packaging. When you sign up, you fill out a survey stating what you would like to see in your bag. You get 4-5 products each month, in a reusable makeup bag. And for only $10 a month, you can’t go wrong.
This months theme was “Street Style”. So everything had a bit more of an edge to it.
- Nourish Organic Face Cleanser– Okay this is not so edgy, but important to remove all the edginess. This is a really gentle organic cleanser, that is for all skin types.
- Duel Ended MakeUp Brush by Crown– Normally I don’t buy duel ended brushes, because you can’t stand them up to store them. So this one will end up in my drawer which is sad, because it is a really good brush. The shadow side is really dense, but soft, bristles that pack on a lot of color. The crease side is really small, giving you a lot of control and precision when applying color.
- Pacifica Natural Eyeliner in Silver– LOVE this. It is an easy to use traditional pencil eyeliner in a metallic silver color. This will look good on everyone, really edge up your look. Can’t wait to play with it and use in it one of my LOTW. Stay tuned.
- Cailyn Art Touch Lipgloss in Love Affair– WOW… That is what I have to say about this. I am floored (and that takes a lot to do). First, it was a full size lipgloss, which is so nice. Second, there is absolutely no stickiness. None what so ever! Third, the color pay off is out of this world. I like glosses, but normally you don’t get a ton of pigment. This one has just as much as a traditional lipstick, with a single swipe of the wand. It is a very dark blue red; think berry. Plus it dries to a semi-matte, that is non-drying. Last, it lasts FOREVER. Eating, drinking, kissing; no big deal for this amazing lip gloss. I will certainly be purchasing this in the future
- The Bag– One of my favorite parts about this subscription is that is comes with a reusable makeup bag. It is perfect for storing all my samples, brushes, and giving to my girlfriends when I have samples for them. This bag was one of my favorites. It is a silver square made out of faux leather, with silver/chrome studding along the top. Love that the studs are square, perfect accent to the square bag. Don’t think that I will be handing this bag out to anyone.
So thrilled with my bag! Does anyone else get one of these? What are your thoughts? Would you subscribe to a monthly beauty service? If you want to sign up or get more information just click here.
Again I missed getting my August review posted in August. Ugh! September will be a better month, and I have lots of great posts already planned and waiting for you to read. But before all of that, let’s talk about an amazing box month; I mean across the board was perfect boxes. I am so lucky to have gotten mostly makeup products (since that is the only item I really want).
Ipsy went above and beyond this month. For those of you who don’t know about Ipsy; it is monthly beauty box subscription. Every month they send you a great makeup bag filled with 4-5 beauty sample (plus the bag). This is one of my favorite subscriptions, because you get a great reusable bag every month. They make for great ways to store items, or my daughters tend to swipe them and use them as “purses”. And its only $10 a month! Yea!!
This month was a great bag, white bag with pretty orange polka dots. So cute! Filled inside was:
- Bee All Natural Lip Balm– I am a lip balm hoarder. Seriously just emptied my purse to find 8 (yes 8) tubes, tins, and balls of lip balm. There is a small issue there. That being said, I LOVE when I get lip balms in my bag and this one is awesome. It has a grapefruit flavor/scent which is so different from most and works great without feeling waxy. Will totally buy again in the future.
- GlamGlow Youthmud Masque- Normally, I am not a huge mask fan. The idea of walking around for 10-15 minutes with a hard (and oh so pretty) face of mud; not my cup of tea. HOWEVER, this one was really nice. It didn’t feel all tight and dry like most, and it left my face looking radiant and soft. I am not sure if it tightened my skin like it claims, but my skin was nice after. Since masks are not really my thing and that I don’t know if this did what it claimed; I will probably not purchase again in the future.
- Manna Sheer Glo Shimmer Lotion– This is exactly like what it says it is, a shimmer lotion. It is suppose to be for your face giving you a dewey complexion. For me, it is way to over the top. I do like it for a highlight, on top of the cheek bones for a night out though. Something to be careful of, it does have a strong pink undertone to it. So you certainly don’t need it AND a blush. This little tube will last quite a while for me, but when it is out I am not sure I will buy again. On the fence with this one.
- Coastal Scents EyeShadow- This is a product that I have heard a lot about lately, it seems like everyone is trying it. I was so excited to be getting it in my bag, but it ended up being colors that I would never (and I mean NEVER) wear. So a little disappointed there.
- Urban Decay 24/7 Velvet Eye Pencil– This was the one item that I was so excited to get. There is so much great buzz about it and it was in a great eggplant purple color. It does not work well on the waterline, a little bummed but can get over it. It works amazing on the top lash line, really lasts forever. No smudging or feathering, just a perfect line all day long. The sample that they sent will last forever (like half of the size of a full size). But here is the deal breaker for me. I went to sharpen it, and you have to buy their sharpener to sharpen it. Ugh, not going to go load up the kids, go to the mall, and buy a $20 sharpener. For this reason I will not purchase ANY additional UD pencils. Boo, hate when companies do this, but if you don’t mind, then this is a GREAT eye pencil.
See another great bag. Does anyone else get their monthly bag from Ipsy? Need more information or want to sign up. Just click below to go there!
This month was my lucky month, I got two.. That’s right TWO BirchBoxes this month. Let me tell how excited I was. Not only did I receive two of them, they were both pretty amazing boxes.
Box Number 1-
- BeneFit Cosmetics- Posiebalm- This s a tinted lip balm. It is a really bright pink color, however, once applied it does sheer out quite a bit. I LOVE the way that it feels on my lips, makes my lips soft and smooth.
- Harvey Prince- Hello Body Creme- A citrus summery smelling lotion. What is great about this is that it is super light weight and absorbs into the skin very quickly, while lasting all day long.
- Ruffian- Rosary- What a great nail color. It is very pigmented and one coat goes a long way. It is a very pretty coppery pink color. Perfect for summer nails, without being to dark.
- Agave- Healing Oil Treatment– While it was a great hair treatment, and my hair looked skinny. Even with all my bleaching, sun, and wind this summer it came right back to my awesome pre-summer hair. The one issue that I do have, it weighed down my hair quite a bit. I have very thin fine hair, and this was simply to much for it.
- Vasanti Cosmetics- Brighten UP Face Rejuvenator– This was AMAZING!! After using it one time, mu skin was visibly brighter and smoother. I am excited to see what will happen after a week of using (only three times a week though).
Box Number 2-
- Davines- Love Shampoo, Conditioner, and Ol All In One Milk- This was a great shampoo and conditioner. My hair looked so straight and smooth, without weighing it down. The downside that I had, I received quite a bit of shampoo but only a single use conditioner. Not cool.
- Laqa & Co- Sheer Lip Lube Pencil- This was an odd one. It was full size which is nice, however, being a 3-something, I am not wearing a purple lip color. Not going to happen. Tink though was thrilled. Purple is her favorite color, and this is purple. It looks great on her, with just a bit of mascara.
- Jolie- Folie de Joie Eau de Parfum– I think that I am in love. This is such a luxurious smelling perfume. (I honestly never thought that I would say that sentence) I can’t even explain it, except that it is perfection packaged into a small bottle. A little bit goes a very very very long way. I put a single drop behind both ears and that was enough to last all day.
- Suki- Exfoliate Foaming Cleanser– I have not tried this one yet, but I like products that have multiple functions. This is a cleaner and exfoliate in one. Plus it smells nice.
- Egyptian Magic- All purpose Skin Cream- Okay I totally get the hype on this now. It really is magic. After spending the summer barefoot or in flip flops, my poor heels need a little TLC. This is just what the genie would have given me, if I had a magic lamp. A tiny amount goes a long way. I use the size of a pea for each heel. Just rub it between my hands to warm it up a bit, then massage into my heels. It is better then any pedi that I have received.
What is BirchBox, besides awesome, you might ask. It is a great monthly beauty subscription service. You will receive between 5-6 samples of new beauty products each month. These can be for hair, makeup, skincare, nails and really anything beauty related. For only $10 a month, you really do get your moneys worth. AND their customer service is way above anything that I have ever dealt with, they really go above and beyond to make their clients happy. If you are interested, click below for more details or to sign up. I promise that you won’t regret it.
I FINALLY got my May Ipsy Bag. For those of you that follow my social media you know that this was a huge pain. I signed up in April, no bag. May came and the post office lost my bag. Emailed the company, after 4 emails they agreed to re-send the bag. No bag sent. Canceled my account. Finally after another round of emails, they shipped out a bag. I was really hoping that they would send me the June bag (the reviews of that one have been awesome), but to be honest at this point I am just happy that I got a bag.
I should have taken a picture of the packaging that it came in, before I ripped it open like a child at Christmas. It came in a shiny pink package. To see that in my box was pretty great. It was so screaming, “I’m for Kat”. The size of the bag, had me a bit disappointed. It was much smaller then I was thinking that it would be. Even though it was small, it was so cute! I love the cream background with the dark green vines/leaves. It is the perfect size for all my trial sized items or small items in my daily makeup routine. But wow it was PACKED with stuff.
What I got:
- Hang 10 Sunscreen– I have received so much sunscreen this summer in different bags, offers, and giveaways; so I am a bit sunscreen-ed out. But this one has a great scent to it. And it applies very easily. Out of all of the ones that I have gotten, this one is by far my favorite.
- City Color: White Gold– A white glitter cream eyeshadow. This will be a lot of fun for a night out. When applied there is no color payout, but massive amounts of white/silver glitter. Not shimmer, but actual glitter. Can’t wait to try it out.. Hint Hint.. Hubby we need to go out.
- Avene: Thermal Spring Water- This was an item that I have never used before. It is kinda odd. It sprays a fine mist of water on your face. Living in the desert it is very refreshing, but it does have a tendency to make my makeup run. Not a good look. But the girls LOVE it. So into the purse it goes.
- Nailtini– This is a great nail color. It is a shimmery champagne color. You do need to use two coats to get it to show, but really how many of us only apply one coat? It is a very nude, but better color. Perfect for summer.
- Pur-Lisse– This is my absolute favorite item in the bag. It is a moisturizer for dry-aging-sensitive skin (so basically designed for me). It smells amazing and makes my skin look amazing. I am always worried about trying new moisturizer cause it normally breaks me out, but not with this one!
This was a great little bag. Packed with all kinds of great goodies. While they are not all full sized items, none of them are tiny sample sizes. Since May was such a disaster Ipsy has agreed to send me July’s bag to try. Hopefully next month will go more smoothly and I will have a great review. If you are interested in learning more about Ipsy or are interested in their services check out here: http://www.ipsy.com/r/a9ma