One day I will get back on track, and have the reviews for the boxes I get; actually in the months that I get them. In my defense though, I am not even located in the city that they are shipped to. So they get to city (1) mid month, then wait a week or so, then are shipped to city (2). Then I want to try them BEFORE telling you about them. See this is why I have not been getting the reviews done in the months that I get them.
This was another great BirchBox month! I love that lately they are letting you pick an item to go into your box, or keep it a surprise if that is your thing. It is so fun, actually getting to pick something that is going to show up. While I love the aspect of getting a surprise, and this box is still chalked full of surprises, the control part of me likes that I get to choose something. BirchBox is a monthly beauty subscription, that comes full of 4-5 products to try. It is a mid-month present!! Some months are better then others, but for only $10 you can’t go wrong.
What was in this amazing month’s box-
- Naobay Body Lotion– This is a great lotion, and really packs a punch. However, it is a bit oily so best used at night.
- Macadamia Professional Flawless Cleansing Conditioner– This was one product that I had to use a few times before I got any results. It replaces your shampoo and conditioner. That was a little odd, and after using it the first time my hair was still a little oily looking. But by the third time that I used it, my hair was soft, full of body, manageable and so shiny. Very different hair then I had earlier in the week.
- Dr Bandt Pores No More Vaccum cleaner– AMAZING!!! And it has a cool factor (in more then one way). It works like a mask; you apply it in a thin clear layer, then wait 5-10 minutes and wash off with warm water. You know that it is done because of the cool tingling feeling and it will go from clear to a solid blue. After using, my skin was very very clean and my pores were noticeably smaller.
- Laura Mercier Mascara- This is a great, running around with the kids, mascara. While it does not give much in the category of volume or length, it does last forever and doesn’t flake or smudge. It is a great day mascara when you are not needing a lot of punch.
- Cynthia Rowley Silver Eyeliner- In both of my boxes this month, I got a silver eyeliner. Maybe it is a hint of this seasons trends. This is a very creamy, very metallic, shimmer silver color. It will be perfect for the holidays! A lot of fun, but be warned, it gets all over the eyelashes. Use a good mascara after lining.
What are your thoughts on this box? Do you use a monthly subscription service? Which ones are you loving? If you want more information on BirchBox, please click here.
I don’t normally do a Saturday post, but this was just to awesome not to chat about! Plus it is national Benefit WingWomen Party weekend. Amazing WingWomen all over the nation are having their parties this weekend! What is a wingwoman? She is the person that you go to to have your back. She is the one that is always there for you. She is the one that you call first for everything. We all have at least one, and if we are really lucky we have a few. This party is to celebrate them, our WingWomen.
BirchBox and Benefit Cosmetics teamed up to gift 500 lucky girls a box full everything that they need to through the ultimate wing party for five of their besties! I am going to be the hostest with the mostest for a while.
What came in the box:
- Minis of They’re Real Mascara plus one full size
- Minis of They’re Real Push Up Liner plus one full size
- Minis of The Porefessional
- Minis of Lollitint
- Full Size Gimme Brow- One in light/med and one in med/dark
- Full Size Hoola Bronzer- Only One
- Then all the extras a good party needs: gift bags, balloons, fun coasters
When my guests arrived, they were surprised to say the least. See I like surprise parties, so I didn’t tell anyone that (1) they were going to a party or (2) that THEY were the ones getting presents. We had all the traditional party foods ready to go. Pizza, cupcakes, more soda then anyone should ever drink. All of the gift bags were prepped and sitting out with everyone’s names on their bags. Being the mama that I am, I made everyone eat lunch and socialize before they could have their cake. Then we had cake while chatting some more. All while staring at these pretty bags with their names on them. It was so fun watching my girlfriends (and daughter), giggle and guess as to what was going on. They acted like teenage girls again, wanting their presents. White bags, pink paper and name tags were the downfall of my group.
When I finally announced that it was present time, they literally dropped everything. Food went straight to the trash, conversations halted mid-sentence, bouncing and giggling ensured. I LOVED handing out their gifts, and they LOVED what they were filled with. Each guest received: a mascara, a gel eyeliner, a porefessional, a lollitint, and a bit of chocolate. And in true toddler fashion, the packaging was all ripped away and out came the makeup. Within minutes, we were applying makeup to each other. Doing makeovers like little girls; laughing, giggling, trying out new products.
It was without a doubt, the best afternoon in a long time. With the day to day stuff that needs to get done, I forget how fun an afternoon at home with my girls can be.
Yup, so I officially missed getting my August BirchBox review posted in August. Late is better then never, right? At least I hope so, since that has been my life lately. Seems like everything has been a day late. At least things are never boring over here. I promise that it does not take away from how much I absolutely adore this month’s box. It was great, and you can tell the efforts that they put in towards getting the box just right based on your preferences.
For those of you who don’t know, BirchBox is a monthly beauty box. Every month, they send you a pretty box packed full of samples. Everything from fragrance, to soaps, to makeup, to skin care, even snacks once in a blue moon. They go above and beyond compared to other boxes, because they don’t just include the samples, they include a post card that has all kinds of information about each product. It really helps when you get a new product that just baffles you, to have this card telling you how to use it. And all of this for only $10 a month, you can’t go wrong.
This month we received:
- Noir Long-Wear Black Eyeliner– This is a great full size eyeliner. It goes on so smooth, doesn’t pull or tug your lash line, and it lasts until you take it off. And is by far my favorite item in this box. Can’t get enough eyeliner!!
- Catherine Malandrino Style de Paris– What an amazing scent. It is fruity with a hint of floral. A little bit goes a long long way, the sample that they sent will last a long time with how strong this is.
- Marcelle BB Cream Golden Glow- I am on the fence about this one. It really does a great job, very light coverage but evens everything out beautifully. It is 100% natural you look, but 100% better. The only downfall: it has a very dewey finish.
- Not Soap Radio– This got swiped before I was able to try it. My daughter came into my bathroom to steal my shampoo (since I apparently have better shampoo then she does) and she saw it in my shower. Next thing I know, she is telling me how great it is and that I need to buy more lol. But she did smell amazing and even with her extremely sensitive dry skin, it did not irrate her at all.
- Birch Sap Moisturizing Lotion– I was not a fan of this on my face. It broke me out a bit, plus left my skin very shiny (not dewey full on shine). However, it was amazing on my hands. Not greasy, left my hands super soft and even helped with my poor cuticles. Loved it for that.
Overall I loved this box!! Great products and great value. What about you guys, do you subscribe to any monthly beauty boxes? Do you like the idea of them, or do you like picking out your stuff before you buy? If you need any more information, or want to sign up; just click on the link below.
This month was my lucky month, I got two.. That’s right TWO BirchBoxes this month. Let me tell how excited I was. Not only did I receive two of them, they were both pretty amazing boxes.
Box Number 1-
- BeneFit Cosmetics- Posiebalm- This s a tinted lip balm. It is a really bright pink color, however, once applied it does sheer out quite a bit. I LOVE the way that it feels on my lips, makes my lips soft and smooth.
- Harvey Prince- Hello Body Creme- A citrus summery smelling lotion. What is great about this is that it is super light weight and absorbs into the skin very quickly, while lasting all day long.
- Ruffian- Rosary- What a great nail color. It is very pigmented and one coat goes a long way. It is a very pretty coppery pink color. Perfect for summer nails, without being to dark.
- Agave- Healing Oil Treatment– While it was a great hair treatment, and my hair looked skinny. Even with all my bleaching, sun, and wind this summer it came right back to my awesome pre-summer hair. The one issue that I do have, it weighed down my hair quite a bit. I have very thin fine hair, and this was simply to much for it.
- Vasanti Cosmetics- Brighten UP Face Rejuvenator– This was AMAZING!! After using it one time, mu skin was visibly brighter and smoother. I am excited to see what will happen after a week of using (only three times a week though).
Box Number 2-
- Davines- Love Shampoo, Conditioner, and Ol All In One Milk- This was a great shampoo and conditioner. My hair looked so straight and smooth, without weighing it down. The downside that I had, I received quite a bit of shampoo but only a single use conditioner. Not cool.
- Laqa & Co- Sheer Lip Lube Pencil- This was an odd one. It was full size which is nice, however, being a 3-something, I am not wearing a purple lip color. Not going to happen. Tink though was thrilled. Purple is her favorite color, and this is purple. It looks great on her, with just a bit of mascara.
- Jolie- Folie de Joie Eau de Parfum– I think that I am in love. This is such a luxurious smelling perfume. (I honestly never thought that I would say that sentence) I can’t even explain it, except that it is perfection packaged into a small bottle. A little bit goes a very very very long way. I put a single drop behind both ears and that was enough to last all day.
- Suki- Exfoliate Foaming Cleanser– I have not tried this one yet, but I like products that have multiple functions. This is a cleaner and exfoliate in one. Plus it smells nice.
- Egyptian Magic- All purpose Skin Cream- Okay I totally get the hype on this now. It really is magic. After spending the summer barefoot or in flip flops, my poor heels need a little TLC. This is just what the genie would have given me, if I had a magic lamp. A tiny amount goes a long way. I use the size of a pea for each heel. Just rub it between my hands to warm it up a bit, then massage into my heels. It is better then any pedi that I have received.
What is BirchBox, besides awesome, you might ask. It is a great monthly beauty subscription service. You will receive between 5-6 samples of new beauty products each month. These can be for hair, makeup, skincare, nails and really anything beauty related. For only $10 a month, you really do get your moneys worth. AND their customer service is way above anything that I have ever dealt with, they really go above and beyond to make their clients happy. If you are interested, click below for more details or to sign up. I promise that you won’t regret it.